Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2013
Prague, Czech Republic, 11-12 July 2013
Geoinformatics is an international conference focused on the relevance of Free and Open Source Software in Geoinformatics concerning wide range of topics:
- Software development
- Public geodata
- Software patents
- Migration from proprietary software to free software at schools, public administration, etc.
- and many others ...
The conference has an academic background - it's organized by Department of Mapping and Cartography, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague (see the passed years 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009 • 2008 • 2007 • 2006).
Please register your presentation (to be defined).
- Yann Chemin
Scientific interests: evapotranspiration, data assimilation, spatio-temporal fusion of physical processes, distributed computing.
Personal interests: Eastern philosophy, alternative medicine, good time with friends.
More info at academia.edu
- Jiri Polacek
Jiri Polacek (Czech Office for Surveying, Mapping and Cadastre) works as head of the Cadastral Central Database (Section of the Czech Office for Surveying, Mapping and Cadastre) since 2000. In this position is responsible for the operational run of the Information System of Cadastre of Real Estates (ISCRE), customer services and data management linked with ISCRE database. The section is strictly involved in the implementation of the INSPIRE directive for related data themes (as „Cadastral parcels“ etc.). Since 1975 till 2000 he worked in several researcher positions concerned with IT projects, his main research interests are computer graphics a image processing linked with GIS. His PhD is from the Czech Technical University, Prague. He keeps a longterm cooperation with the university as an external teacher and a member of scientific branch committee. He is a member of presidium of the Czech Association for geoinformation (CAGI).
- Jan Douša
His main focus is the development of high-accuracy GNSS analyses and applications in the following areas: European reference frame, GNSS water vapor monitoring for weather prediction and climate study, precise GNSS orbit determination for real-time applications, software development for multi-GNSS offline and real-time processing, and he is responsible for GOP's contributions to relevant international bodies and projects.
He is a member of various services and working groups, e.g. EUREF Technical Working Group, International GNSS Service (IGS), E-GVAP Expert Team on GNSS Data Processing and Standards, chair of the COST Action ES1206 WG1 (Advanced GNSS processing techniques), co-chair of the EU FP7 European Plate Observing System - Preparatory Phase WG4 (GNSS and other geodetic data) and others.
He is author/co-author of more than 30 peer-review papers and 80 presentations at international conferences (9 invited). He participated in more than 15 European and national projects including two projects from the European Space Agency and six from the European Union.
More information is available at www.pecny.cz
- Room B169
Thursday 11 July
- 10.00 Establishing OSGeo Czech Local Chapter (open discussion)
- 12.00 Lunch
- 14.00 Dousa J.: GNSS-meteorology: troposphere monitoring using Global Navigation Satellite System ground-based observations
- 14.30 Polacek J.: Role of the INSPIRE directive in the process of Czech national SDI development
- 15.00 Chemin Y.: The Mountains and the Ants: Perspectives on FOSS GIS/RS research and teaching in South/East Asia
- 15.30 Coffee break
- 15.45 Augustýn R.: Open Source Geospatial in the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic
- 16.15 Cepicky J.: PyWPS 4: development restart, some ideas to be shared
- 16.45 Coffee break
- 17.00 Čerba O.: Visualization of Ontology in KML Format
- 17.30 Sredl M.: Web GUI for geodata publication - LayMan
- 19.00 Social Dinner - Restaurant Cesta časem near the university campus, see the map
Friday 12 July
- 10.00 Nétek R.: OpenWebGlobe Project
- 10.30 Ghisla A.: OSGeo and the Czech Local Chapter - ideas for a closer collaboration
- 11.00 Bocan L., Turek S.: Implementation of support for turn costs definition in GRASS GIS vector network analysis
- 11.30 Cibulka J.: Open geodata in journalistic practice
- 12.30 Lunch
- 14.00 Med M.: The map of the cameras - mobile application for Android
- 14.30 Stopkova E.: Nearest Neighbour Analysis in three-dimensional space
- 15.00 Fiedlerova T.: QGIS plugin for vector conflation
- July 11-12
- Conference dates
There are no registration fees.
You can submit a presentation and poster (active participation in the conference), or a paper for the Geoinformatics FCE CTU journal (without active participation in the conference).
- Presentations / Posters
- Deadline for registration of active participants is June 11. If you are interested to have a talk in the program of the conference please send us by e-mail a short abstract.
- Standard length for talks is 25 minutes (20 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions).
- Send an abstract to martin.landa fsv.cvut.cz
- The registration e-mail must contain:
- Author/presenter name(s)
- Type: (presentation or poster)
- Keywords (seperated by commas)
- Complete address, and e-mail information
- Brief presenter biography (25 words or less)
- Abstract (400 words or less)
- You can also submit a paper to the Geoinformatics FCE CTU journal
- Follow instructions here
- Selected papers will be published in the Geoinformatics FCE CTU journal volume 11 (December 2013)
Contact person • Martin Landa • martin.landa fsv.cvut.cz
Chair: Yann Chemin, International Water Management Institute, Sri Lanka Aleš Čepek, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic Martin Landa, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic Markus Neteler, GIS and Remote Sensing Unit at Fondazione Edmund Mach, Italy
|Department of Mapping and Cartography|
|Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic|
|Room B169 (building B)|
|Location & Transportations|
|Accommodation in Prague|
Prague has an international airport and is also reachable by train, bus or car.