Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2008
Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2008 Workshop
Prague, Czech Republic, 18-19th September 2008
|Proceedings in PDF|
Aims & Themes
The workshop is focused on the relevance of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) (not only) in Geoinformatics concerning wide range of topics:
- teaching methods
- software development
- public geodata
- software patents
- migration from proprietary software to free software at schools, public administration, etc.
Chair: Aleš Čepek, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague Zoltan Siki, Department of Geodesy and Surveying, Budapest University of Technology and Economics Tomáš Richta, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague Martin Štroner, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague
The papers for the workshop are formated as wiki-pages. For more information, see help for authors.
The papers can be written in English (recommended), Czech, Slovak or Esperanto. Selected papers will be published in Geoinformatics FCE CTU, Volume 3, ISSN 1802-2669.
There are no registration fees. Moreover there is possibility to take part in the workshop session virtually, i.e. to publish an article without personal participation in the workshop.
If you need accommodation in Prague, please contact us as soon as possible (since we can book the limited number of rooms).
- Contact person
- Martin Landa <martin.landa fsv.cvut.cz>
- Bartoň R., Hrubý M.: GAL Framework - Current State of the Project
- Bayer T.: The importance of computational geometry for digital cartography
- Fuchs M., Hoffmann R., Schwonke F.: Change Detection with GRASS GIS - Comparison of images taken by different sensors
- Procházka D.: Moebius: An interface to web map services
- Růžička J.: ISO 19115 for GeoWeb services orchestration
- Schwartze C.: Deriving Hydrological Response Units (HRUs) using a Web Processing Service implementation based on GRASS GIS
- Szczepanek R.: Toolbar icons for GIS applications
- Bárta D.: Projekt OpenStreetMap z pohledu geoinformatika
- Čepek, A., Pytel, J.: Jemný úvod do SQL dotazů
- Klímek F.: GUI pro orchestraci GeoWebových služeb
FCE CTU, Room B169 (building B)
Thursday 18 September
- 10.00 Čepek A.: Welcome words
- 10.40 Fuchs M.: Change Detection with GRASS GIS - Comparison of images taken by different sensors (PDF)
- 11.05 Coffee break
- 12.00 Lunch
- 14:35 Coffee break
- 15.40 Coffee break
- 15.55 Bayer T.: Computational Geometry in Digital Cartography: Automated Simplification of Buildings ( PDF)
- OSGeo Czech Chapter discussion
- Welcome Dinner and Sight Seeing
Friday 19 September
- 10.50 Coffee break
- 11.05 Krüger S.: Geopublisher: An Atlas Authoring Tool to simplify the communication of geo-information to stake-holders and the general public (PDF)
- 12.00 Lunch
- 14.50 Coffee break
- 15.30 Stěhule P.: Jak se stát hackerem aneb stručný úvod do hackingu PostgreSQL
- Social event
- After this date we cannot guarantee booking a single room in Masarykova Kolej Hotel because of the limited number of available rooms.